The Ballistic you have come to know and love has been redesigned and upgraded. Still featuring the LT Concept for the ultimate in Light and Tough performance- now complete with our Monocoque Body (MQ) for even more power and a more compact frame. An MQ frame design allows us to fit a larger gear inside of the reel, adding power and longevity to your gear set. A 360 degree screw-in sideplate removes to need for traditional sideplate screws, allowing for a more compact and more weather resistant housing.
Utilizing our all new ZAION-V frame material, which is a more machinable compound than our standard Zaion, allows us to feature Zaion-V in a wider range of reels. Very similar in function to Zaion, Zaion-V is extremely durable, corrosion resistant and rigid.
Complete with a Magsealed main shaft to prevent water and debris intrusion, the Ballistic MQ LT is ready to take on the toughest battles.
The reel is long-casting and extremely smooth employing an 8 Bearing System and with models ranging from 1000 to 4000, the Ballistic LT line of spinning reels are designed for a wide range of gamefish incorporating many different techniques.
The Ballistic MQ LT series of reels is a prime example of our commitment to design, function and innovation.
- Air Rotor: Lighter, stronger and more balanced than any rotor system that’s come before, ‘Air Rotor’ delivers a great leap forward in rotor design and function and delivers the ultimate reel sensitivity and rotational balance.
- ATD-Drag: Daiwa’s Automatic Tournament Drag uses an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
- Monocoque (MQ) One Piece Body: MQ Body takes reel design to the next level. The MQ system does not require a body cover, instead using an engine plate to screw directly to the body. Eliminating the need for screws to hold a body cover in place. MQ body improves the strength of the reel, it also improves the water-resistance of the body and allows a larger diameter drive gear to be installed.
- Tough DigiGear: A further evolution of its predecessor Digigear, Tough Digigear is our brand new digitally designed, machine cut gearing system that ensures ultimate gear precision, rotational smoothness, and strength.
- Air Bail: Daiwa’s innovative bail design features a hollow tubular stainless steel bail that delivers maximum rigidity and strength with minimum weight. Featuring a smooth protrusion-free design and construction line easily slides unencumbered along the Air Bail towards the line roller for trouble free line control.