The FN 509® is built on the proven architecture of the FNS™ Compact, FN made changes internally and externally to meet the rigorous performance standards of the MHS requirements and further developed the platform into the FN 509® with the help from industry experts. Over the course of development, the platform has been tested extensively for reliability, ammunition compatibility and durability – totaling more than one million rounds.
- CALIBER: 9mm
- OPERATION: Double-action
- MAG CAPACITY: 17 Rd.
- WEIGHT: 26.9 oz.
- BARREL LENGTH: 4.0″
- OVERALL LENGTH: 7.4″
- TWIST RATE: 1:10″ RH
- HEIGHT: 5.56″
- WIDTH: 1.35″
- TRIGGER PULL: 5.5 – 7.5 lb.
- SIGHT RADIUS: 5.79″
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Offered as a non-manual safety model
- Fixed 3-dot luminescent sights (standard)
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
- Magazine- High visibility, low-friction follower; polymer base with black finish
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Improved front and rear cocking serrations
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
- Recessed target crown
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- Polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
- Enhanced grip textures which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Two interchangeable backstraps
- Two 17-round magazines or Two 10-round
- Owner’s manual
- Locking device
- FN logo soft pistol case