The Curado DC casting reel is Shimano’s most advanced Curado ever produced. Built on the platform that has made the Curado name synonymous with durability and versatility, the Curado DC adds Shimano’s NEW Digital Control Braking system. The DC Braking system uses a completely sealed microcomputer that analyzes the spool speed 1,000 times per second and automatically applies the precise braking to achieve maximum casting distance while preventing backlash. No matter the wind conditions, weather, or lure weight, 4 easy adjustments on the side plate allow the angler to quickly and definitively “set and forget” the brakes and let the reel do the work.
Shimano Technology Found In Curado DC Reels :
- Cross Carbon Drag – Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Hagane Body – A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it’s stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- I-DC4 Braking – Intelligent Digital Control braking features an easy to use 4 setting external dial that can be easily adjusted on the water to provide optimal braking as conditions and lures change.
- Micro Module Gear – State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- S A-RB Bearings – These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
- X-Ship – By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
There are no reviews yet.