SBE 3 – the full redesign of our venerable Super Black Eagle platform. With carefully considered insights from our pro-staff and veteran hunters, Benelli design engineers have spent nearly 10 years in development with a focus on three areas of critical importance to the serious waterfowler: Improved ergonomics, intuitive, flawless functionality and an updated design, style and feel for the latest in modern waterfowling reliability that’s all about the end game: Absolute superiority in the most unforgiving conditions. All the amazing attributes that made the Super Black Eagle 3 America’s favorite 31/2-inch chamber shotgun are now also available for southpaws in a firearm specifically engineered for those who shoulder firearms on the left side. Choose either a Realtree® Max-5™ camo pattern or a black synthetic stock.
- Combtech & Comfort Tech 3: Comfort Tech™ was the first of its kind. By splitting the stock diagonally and utilizing shock-absorbing chevrons, the entire stock was essentially turned into a recoil pad. This chevron system, now 13 years old, is still the most efficient design possible, and was the basis for the SBE 3 stock. The chevron size and location has been optimized on Comfort Tech 3. Furthermore, Benelli engineers have developed a new cheek comb pad, Combtech, which greatly reduces facial impact and vibrations.
- Inertia-Driven System: The hallmark of Benelli strength and reliability, our clean-burning Inertia Driven System never requires adjusting, cycles consistently in conditions that border on the unfair and easily handles everything from light field loads to 3½” magnums. From a cleanliness and speed perspective, gas systems simply cannot compete—whereas Inertia-Driven Benelli shotguns are known to fire 500,000+ rounds and still function without flaw.
- Oversized Bolt Handle & Safety: A larger bolt release and safety, along with an outward angled drop lever make the SBE 3 quicker and easier to operate–even with gloved hands.
- Benelli’s Crio System Technology: Cryogenic physics has revealed steel changes at the molecular level when cooled to -300° F. When a Benelli barrel is cryogenically treated, all the stresses caused by hammer forging are relieved and the surface of the bore becomes more even-grained. The result is a slicker surface offering less resistance to wads and shot charges.With smoother, more uniform surfaces, Benelli Crio® barrels deliver superior patterns and stay clean longer.
- Easy Locking Bolt System: Versatility without compromise: having a shotgun with a 3½” chamber does not mean you always have to shoot the powerful stuff. The SBE 3’s patented locking mechanism is designed to work flawlessly with all shotgun loads—from light clay loads to the ultimate goose-busters.
- Easy Loading System: A beveled loading port, redesigned carrier and a new two-piece carrier latch have all been incorporated into the new Super Black Eagle 3 to make loading the magazine effortless. During loading, only the front section of the Easy Loading System’s two-piece carrier latch actually moves, allowing shells to slide up easily with minimal tension or possibility of jamming. Grooves in the loading port help you guide shells in without having to take your eyes off incoming birds. The new, beveled loading port also features a wider design to help funnel shells toward the magazine, a must for gloved hunters.
- Item Number: 10342
- UPC: 650350103427
- Stock Finish: GORE OPTIFADE Timber
- Receiver Finish: GORE OPTIFADE Timber
- Barrel Finish: GORE OPTIFADE Timber
- Gauge: 20-Gauge
- Barrel Length: 26″
- Grip: Standard
- Stock Configuration: Comfort Tech 3
- Size: Standard
- Hand-Dominance: Right Handed
- Chokes: Crio- C, IM, F
- Extended Choke: Crio- IC, M
- Chambered For: 2-3/4″, 3″
- Min. Recommended Load: 7/8oz. loads
- Magazine Capacity: 3+1
- Sight: Red-bar front
- Action: Semi-Auto
- Drilled & Tapped: No
- Length of Pull: 14-3/8″
- Drop at Heel: 2-1/8″
- Drop at Comb: 1-3/8″
- Overall Length: 47.5″
- Avg. Weight: 5.8 lbs