The 96A1 is an evolution of the legendary 92FS (M9), one of the world’s most successful pistols for military, law-enforcement and self-defense use. Chambered in the powerful .40 S&W, it comes with three 12-round magazines to deliver impressive firepower for any tactical use. It is safe, accurate and reliable while offering easy operation, accessorization and disassembly; and its durability is further enhanced by a recoil buffer that greatly diminishes component stress. A pistol that bears the unmistakeable Beretta looks, it is the ultimate choice for shooters wanting a professional-grade personal- or home-defense pistol that can also be easily adapted for concealed carry.
The cold-hammer forged barrel on the 96A1 is designed to deliver great accuracy out of the box, while the dovetail-mounted front sight is easy to adjust to always keep you on target. The barrel is encased in an open slide typical of Beretta’s 90-series pistols; besides reducing weight and backward-momentum during firing, this design maximizes reliability and virtually eliminates “stove-piping.”
With the 96A1, the hard-hitting .40 S&W comes back stronger than ever in the 90-series lineup. We have worked in conjunction with law-enforcement experts to make this pistol shrug off tens of thousands of full-power rounds with Beretta-style durability. The brand new recoil buffer that is machined right into the action of the 96A1 essentially acts as a cushon against the stress between moving parts, greatly boosting the service life of this powerful pistol. Also, the Bruniton finish on the metal is designed to be corrosion resistant to give worry-free maintenance even after all-day concealed carry in scorching-hot conditions.
The 96A1 comes with an integral accessory rail on which users can easily mount a variety of tactical accessories–such as tactical lights, aiming devices or even both. Additionally, the front sight is dovetail-mounted, meaning that it is adjustable for windage and can be easily replaced with an accessory front sight of the user’s choice. If you love the unmatched performance of the Beretta 92FS or M9 and want a few extra tactical features as well as the extra power of the .40 S&W, the Beretta 96A1 is your ultimate choice.
- Ambidextrous Safety: The safety may be easily operated with either hand, to accommodate right- and left-handed shooters as well as different ways to grip and operate the firearm.
- Disassembly Latch: This tactical handgun is as easy to field-strip and disassemble without tools as it is safe and intuitive to operate.
- Dovetail Front Sight: The front sight is user-removable and can be replaced with an accessory sight of your choosing.
- External Hammer: Like the legendary 92FS/M9, the 96 features an external hammer.
- Frame Integrated Recoil Buffer: This .40 S&W pistol is designed to last, regardless of the hotness of the round or the intensity and frequency of training sessions. The built-in recoil buffer absorbs stress and recoil and ensures that the frame does not bear the full brunt of the powerful .40 S&W.
- Accessory Rail: The built-in accessory rail enables easy attachment of a variety of tactical accessories without any modification to the handgun.
- Rounded Trigger Guard: The 96 A1 features a classic rounded trigger guard which easily accommodates today’s most common shooting stances. It is also particularly snag-free, lending itself to smooth holstering and unholstering.
- Recoil Spring Assembly: The recoil spring assembly is captive, meaning that you have fewer parts to keep track of during cleaning and maintenance.
- Reversible Magazine Release: The mag-release can be easily reversed by the user, without any gunsmithing.
- Model Code: J9A4F10
- Model: 96A1
- Caliber: .40S&W
- Magazine: (3) 12-Round
- Action: Double/Single
- Barrel Length: 4.9″
- Overall Height: 5.4″
- Overall Length: 8.5″
- Overall Width: 1.5″
- Weight (Unloaded): 33.3oz.