Mossy Oak Break-Up Country camouflage pattern on the stock and barrel. Composite stock with classic style lines and shim adjustable cast and drop at comb. Gas-piston operation, lightweight alloy receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounts, hinged floor plate with detachable box magazine.
Browning rifles consistently produce the most accurate shot groups in their class. This is due in large part to the quality of their barrels. The BAR is built around a hammer-forged barrel made in a thoroughly controlled and tested process.
The BAR relies on a gas piston design to operate its lightweight action. The gas piston design mitigates shooter-perceived recoil and reduces excessive carbon residue that other modern gas-impingement designs vent into the moving parts of the action. Like most modern sporting rifles, the BAR utilizes a multi-lug rotary bolt – a component that allows for a lightweight alloy receiver.
The BAR MK 3 feels and handles like the purpose-built hunting rifle it is – lightweight, quick to shoulder and point. Add in the benefits of a well-designed semi-automatic, and you get quick follow-up shots and less perceived recoil than with your standard bolt-action hunting rifles.
- Receiver– Aircraft-grade alloy; Drilled and tapped for scope mounts; Mossy Oak Break-Up Country camouflage finish
- Barrel – Hammer-forged; Mossy Oak Break-up Country camouflage finish
- Action – Gas-operated autoloader; Multi-lug rotary bolt; Detachable box magazine; Composite trigger guard and floorplate; Crossbolt safety
- Stock – Composite; Mossy Oak Break-Up Country camouflage finish; Overmolded gripping panels; Shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop at comb
- Features – Sling swivel stud for bi-pod; QD swivel cups, swivels included