Weighing in at only 6.5 oz. and packed with Shimano’s most advanced technology, the new Shimano Chronarch MGL Casting Reel delivers the top level performance tournament and enthusiast anglers require. More advanced than ever before, its lightweight Magnumlite Spool allows a low moment of inertia, requiring very little force to get it spinning. This means lures will cast farther, with less effort than before. Plus, the new Chronarch MGL is fitted with Shimano’s MicroModule gearing, providing a more efficient gear train with a smoother, more positive feel. The new Chronarch MGL is designed to help you get the most out of your freshwater fishing experience!
- CI4+: CI4+ is an advanced version of the original CI4. This highly technical material is 2.5 times stiffer than CI4 and is used to increase weight savings.
- Cross Carbon Drag: This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Freshwater: Designed for use exclusively in freshwater.
- MGL Spool: The new, lightweight Magnumlite (MGL) Spool design, significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing anglers to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- MicroModule Gear: The MicroModule Gear system creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more effective gear train with less gear feel.
- S3D Spool: S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SVS Infinity: Shimano’s newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S A-RB: These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
- Super Free Spool: Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With Super Free Spool the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft
- X-Ship: X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.