- Benelli’s Patented Steel Locking System: Benelli’s patented steel locking system eliminates wear and tear on the receiver and hinge that cause traditional O/U’s to fail. The heart of Benelli’s Steel Locking System is a solid steel breech block that locks directly to the monoblock, containing all pressure from the shotshell and preventing its transfer to the receiver and hinge pins.
- Opening Lever Auto Recocking: The 828 U triggers reset when the top lever is unlocked instead of by opening the barrels on a traditional over/under—creating a smoother, more consistent opening action. In addition, the ejector system in the 828 U is all contained in the barrel. This design allows for a stronger, more streamlined receiver by eliminating the need for linkages between the trigger group and the forend.
- Benelli’s Progressive Comfort System: The Progressive Comfort System is contained within the 828 U walnut stock (shown in the cutaway images here). The flexible and lightweight polymer buffers compress to absorb recoil energy. The heavier the shot load, the more buffers come into play to help absorb and cushion the recoil.
- Flush Crio Chokes & Wrench: Crio® choke tubes C, IC, M, IM, F and wrench.
- Shim Kit: The stock drop and cast is user-adjustable. Changing shims using this included kit provides a customized sighting plane to fit your unique physical build and shooting style.
- Standard Hard Case: Standard hard case to protect your firearm.
- Gauge: 12
- Chambered For: 2-3/4″, 3″
- Barrel Length: Available in 26″, 28″ and 30″
- Receiver Finish: Available in Anodized Blue and Engraved Nickel-Plated
- Hand-Dominance: Available in Right Handed and Left Handed
- Stock Finish: AA-Grade Satin Walnut
- Barrel Finish: Gloss, Blued
- Action: Over/Under
- Grip: Standard
- Chokes: Crio- C, IC, M, IM, F
- Sight: Red, fiber-optic front
- Drilled & Taped: No
- Length of Pull: 14-3/4″
- Drop at Heel: 2-1/8″
- Drop at Comb: 1-1/2″