The VX®-Freedom® 3-9x40mm delivers legendary Leupold® performance and dependability for hunters and shooters in one of the most popular magnification ranges available. This rugged and lightweight riflescope can get the job done on whatever rifle you have in your safe.
Built around Leupold’s Advanced Optical System, the VX-Freedom delivers tried and true light transmission, best in class glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that recreational sportsmen and sportswomen demand.
The VX-Freedom is 100% waterproof, fogproof, and designed to get the job done every time. And like all Leupold riflescopes, it’s designed, machined, and assembled in the USA and guaranteed for life.
- 3:1 Zoom Ratio: A 3:1 zoom ratio is very common in many scope models. It gives you 3 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges are available in powers of 3x: 1.5-5, 2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10, etc.), so you can dial your power down for close encounters or all of the way up for long-range shots.
- Advanced Optical System: Leupold’s Advanced Optical System offers tried and true light transmission for extended glassing sessions, best in class glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that recreational sportsmen and sportswomen demand.
- Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof: Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
Hunt-Plex Reticle Features:
- Bold, tapered pickets with open center
- Easy to find aiming point in low-light conditions
- Fine line center for precision aiming at long distances or small targets
- Top line tapers downward slightly with no picket, keeping the field of view clear and supporting precision aiming and low-light visibility
- Subtension and Magnification: The Hunt-Plex Reticle will measure (Subtend) correctly when the riflescope is set to the highest available magnification. The reticle’s apparent size in the field of view may vary between model’s of riflescope
|Reticle Focal Plane||Second Focal Plane|
|Elevation Adjustment Type||Finger Click|
|Zero Lock Dial||No|
|Rezero Type||Resettable Index Ring|
|Windage Adjustment Type||Finger Click|
|Custom Dial System (CDS)||No|
|Custom Dial Compatible||No|
|BDC Dial Included||No|
|Nightvision Compatible Illumination||No|
|Daylight Bright Illumination||No|
|Motion Sensor Technology (MST)||No|
|Electronic Reticle Level||No|
|Guard-ion Lens Coating||No|
|Elevation Adjustment Value per Click||1/4MOA|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA)||60|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MIL)||17|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||175|
|Elevation Adjustment Per Revolution||15 MOA|
|Elevation Dial Travel Limit||Total Scope Travel|
|Windage Adjustment Value per Click||1/4MOA|
|Windage Adjustment Range (MOA)||60|
|Windage Adjustment Range (MIL)||17|
|Windage Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||175|
|Windage Adjustment Per Revolution||15 MOA|
|Objective Lens Diameter (mm)||40|
|Linear FOV Low Mag (ft@100yds)||33.1|
|Linear FOV High Mag (ft@100yds)||13.6|
|Angular FOV Low Mag (Degrees)||6.3|
|Angular FOV High Mag (Degrees)||2.6|
|Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||4.2|
|Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.7|
|Fixed Parallax-Free Distance (yd)||150|